Simplanova AL Tools
Upgrades to BC taking too long?
Automate migration with SALT & get guidance
from our cutting edge upgrade chatbot!
Since the introduction of Business Central v14 and AL/extensions, the upgrade effort of Dynamics NAV to Business Central has reached new heights – Simplanova’s recorded average project size has more than doubled since 2019. Luckily for the past 24 months, Simplanova has been working on a platform of Partner tools to automate migration work and to guide Partners through the upgrade process.
Simplanova AL Tools (short – SALT) – a platform of tools that support you throughout your full Business Central C/AL code to AL conversion.
SALT automatically applies many of the fixes you would normally search for and apply manually, provides suggestions, implements useful developer functions, and gives you guidance throughout your project using cutting edge chatbot solution, developed in-house, connecting to the full Simplanova’s upgrade knowledgebase, compiled over the past 9 years. It can also be applied if you already have your code in AL while still finishing your upgrade!
Simplanova AL Tools automatically handles:
- Code to Events. Event comments are extracted from codeunit delta files. All events are moved from AL files to dedicated event subscription codeunits, divided by object type (Table, Page, and Codeunit events). Where possible, code modifications are moved to the closest available event.
- Triggers. Modifications are automatically moved into AL triggers where possible.
- TempBlob usage is refactored into using the dedicated Temp Blob codeunit together with all functions, which are used to manipulate data inside the TempBlob record.
- Breaking Changes. Part of the objects and methods, which have been split up, refactored, or renamed by Microsoft, are automatically updated and fixed accordingly. SALT covers more common cases. A full list of breaking changes is documented here.
- Options to Enums automated conversion.
- File Management issues. Whenever a deprecated function from the File Management codeunit is used, it is refactored to work in AL, including usage of Blob Import instead of directly working with files the original way.
Visual Studio Code Marketplace
SALT features, conversion demo and how to install
Example of converting C/AL code to events in AL
Why Simplanova AL Tools?
Benefits of SALT
Are your Dynamics NAV customers postponing upgrade due to cost increase? The team does not yet have the skills to complete a C/AL to AL upgrade?
SALT platform can help you address both challenges by providing automated fixes and guidance for your team. By using an automated approach, you can prevent mistakes done manually when upgrading solution and focus your attention on advanced development for customer instead of learning skills that you would apply once in an upgrade project.
Facts about SALT
|Visual Studio Code extension
|Sophisticated VS Code extension to manage the project, apply individual fixes, view and filter affected files
Advanced procedure comment refactoring to events
|Options to Enums
|Option type variable and table field conversion to enums, reusage of existing enums
|Suggestions on how to handle flagged code parts like unhandled File Management cases
Initial project setup
Standard project setup from delta files
|Dividing report layouts into a dedicated folder
|Xml, Excel automation refactoring to .NET
Additional cases of breaking changes, related to new BC releases
|Applying suffixes/prefixes to distinguish your customer or add-on objects from Microsoft’s base application
Q: Where can I download Simplanova AL Tools? Where can I get a license key for Simplanvoa AL Tools? How much does Simplanova AL Tools cost?
A: You can download Simplanova AL Tools (VS Code extension and MS Teams Chatbot) and receive a license key by contacting us using the form below.
Q: Can I see a demo of Simplanova AL Tools? Is there a free trial for Simplanova AL Tools?
A: You can submit the form below and we will get in touch for a demonstration. Unfortunately free trial is no longer available.
Q: How do Simplanova AL Tools work?
A: You can find out more on how it works at our official documentation site or by contacting us for a free demo.
Q: My code is in AL, I’m in the middle of upgrade, can I still use SALT?
A: Yes, SALT will convert your AL code by fixing the VS Code issues and will help you finish your upgrade project.
Need more help with your upgrade project?
Simplanova AL Tools Demo
Automate Dynamics Business Central C/AL code to AL conversion
Simplanova Upgrade Service
Upgrade from Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central
Simplanova Report Converter
Convert C/SIDE reports automatically to AL reports with RDLC format
Simplanova Dataport Converter
Convert Dataports to XMLports automatically