1. Why do I need SRD?
Simplanova conducted a survey among 22 countries all over the world to find out what problems Microsoft partners face creating reports in Dynamics NAV. 74% of respondents are spending 0.5 – 4 hours to develop 1 list type report and 65% are spending 4 – 16 hours to develop 1 document type report. More than 50% of partners do not have a dedicated developer team for developing NAV reports. Simplanova Report Designer saves up to 92% time for RDLC report building.
2. What are the main SRD differences from other report building tools?
- Native NAV Report Format (RDLC).
- No early license fees for running the reports.
- Reports can be simply moved to a solution which has not got SRD installed.
- No external software needed. SRD main working environment is in one NAV page.
- Simple and intuitive process as the original Classic approach.
- Up to 92% time save for RDLC report building.
- The best workflow features, used from all Dynamics NAV platforms.
3. Which NAV versions does SRD support?
SRD supports all versions of NAV from 2013 R2 to 2017.
4. Can I use SRD for NAV upgrades from Classic to RDLC?
No. For this type of task we have a separate Simplanova Report Converter Tool.
5. What is the price of SRD?
The pricing plans of SRD depends on the partner needs. To get the best personal price offer, please contact our sales team by e-mail email@example.com.
6. How SRD is being licensed?
SRD can be licensed in two different ways. You can acquire an unlimited yearly license and create as many reports as you like for as many customers as you need. And the second way of licensing is based on a package of reports, where you would purchase a limited amount of reports, which would then be subtracted from your account for each new report that you develop.
7. Do I need to pay any license fee for the created reports?
No, you do not need to pay any license fees for the created reports. Created reports are in RDLC format and they are independent from SRD.
8. Does a client need a developer license in addition to SRD tool license to create the reports?
Yes. Dynamics NAV developer license is needed to use SRD. If you are an end user, please contact Your partner to have the possibility to use SRD tool, as Simplanova works only with Microsoft Partners.
9. What can I do with the SRD tool test licenses?
When you contact Simplanova sales team by email firstname.lastname@example.org, You will get a link to download Simplanova test license and You will be able to create up to 5 reports.
10. How much time usually is spent to build document type reports in Dynamics NAV and in comparison, how much time is spent to build the same reports with SRD tool?
On average, it takes about 4 hours to develop a document report in Dynamics NAV. On the other hand, with Simplanova Report Designer it takes up to 30 minutes to create document type report.
11. Does Simplanova offer SRD trainings?
Yes, we do. Each customer, who buys SRD, receives the user manual free. In case it is not enough, Simplanova team offers a detailed SRD training course for our partners. You can choose the online course or at Simplanova or your own office. To get the offer for the SRD training course, please contact our sales team by e-mail: email@example.com